This privacy statement sets out how Extreme Lounging complies with European Union data protection requirements and forms part of the terms and conditions of your use of this our website. Any changes to this privacy statement will be posted on this page.
You can also access this privacy statement via our homepage and from the bottom of every page by clicking on the appropriate link.
J.T.S. (Cushions) Limited is committed to respecting your privacy. We have structured our website so that, in general, you can visit without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- when you make an enquiry by using the Contact Us form or by telephoning or emailing our Customer Service department we will collect your name, your email address, your physical address, and your telephone number, together with any other information which you willingly submit to us in your correspondence. We need to collect this information in order to respond to your enquiry.
- if you submit any material intended for publication on our website or any of our social media channels, we may collect your name, email address, and other social media account details (as the case may be).
What do we do with the information we collect?
We require this information to understand your needs, respond to your questions, and provide you with a better service. In particular, we may use the information you provide to us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- we may use the information to improve our website and our products and services;
- as part of our customer care procedures, our representatives may follow up, either by e-mail, telephone, or mail, to people who submitted an enquiry to us or who have purchased goods from our site or from one of our authorised stockists and who have contacted us directly with a query about us or the products they have purchased;
- we may periodically send promotional communications about new products, special offers, or other information about us or our products which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address or your other preferred means of contact but only where you ticked the ‘opt-in’ box on the Contact Us form or where you otherwise told us that you wish to be contacted for this purpose.If you have opted-in to receive this information, we will always give you the opportunity to request your details be removed from our marketing list. You can also change your mind at any time by writing to us:
J.T.S. Cushions Limited
Unit C, Gresley Road,
Keighley, West Yorkshire,
Who we share your information with
When you use this site and submit your personal information to us, and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing that we may use your personal information for the purposes set out in this statement.
Other than as specified in this privacy statement we will not disclose the personal information you have provided to us to any third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so (such as where we need to pass the information to the third party in order to respond to your query or fulfil your purchase order).
We may release your personal information to our authorised agents in connection with future promotional e-mails or newsletters (as described above) but only where you have consented to receive this information from us.
We may use other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited packaging, mailing and delivery of your purchases. Where we do this we may need to provide them with the information we have collected from you or which has been passed to us by the payment services provider which you chose when ordering goods from us following your payment for the goods you have ordered. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service and we make sure they are only permitted to use your information for that purpose and subject to the same standards of care as we use as described in this privacy statement.
How long do we keep the information which we hold about you?
We only keep the information which you have provided to us or which we hold about you for as long as necessary to deal with your query and otherwise for as long as needed to allow us to do the things that we have described in this privacy statement and subject always to our rights and obligations set by applicable law.
What are your legal rights in respect of the information we hold about you?
The following rights are available to you under applicable data protection law:
- Access, correct, update, or request deletionof personal information
- Object to processingof personal information, ask us to restrict processingof personal information, or request portabilityof personal information
- If we have collected and process personal information using a person’s consent, then this can be withdrawnat any time. Withdrawing consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we undertook prior to the withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of the personal information undertaken in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent
- You have a right to complain to a data protection authorityabout our collection and use of your personal information. For more information on your rights, please contact your local data protection authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office whose website is https://ico.org.uk
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you have any concerns about how we handle any personal information which we hold about you, please raise your concerns with us in the first instance by writing to:
The Managing Director
J.T.S. Cushions Limited t/a Extreme Lounging
Unit C, Gresley Road,
Keighley, West Yorkshire,
You can read more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you or hold about you. We also require the same procedures to be adopted by any third parties to whom we transfer your information.
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over those other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
By using our website, you also consent to the use of these cookies. They are used for the following reasons:
- To store the content of your online shopping cart whilst you browse the website and to complete your order
- To record areas of the website you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as products you have ordered. We use this information to help make the website more user-friendly, develop our site design and to continuously improve the quality of your experience in dealing with Extreme Lounging.
Are cookies safe?
In a word, yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. They do not contain information which could personally identify you and your account (if you have registered for one) and its security is never compromised by their use. You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.organd www.youronlinechoices.euand for a video about cookies please visit https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/
Can I turn cookies off?
You should note that if you choose to disable cookies, your experience of our website will be severely impaired and many integral aspects of the website, including but not limited to adding items to your shopping cart and accessing your account will not work at all.